Quench Your Thirst Using Carbonated Fruit Juice
It’s a hot day and you and go inside and drink an ice cold soda pop to quench your thirst. You say to yourself ha, that hit the spot! Are you tired of just drinking soda pop on a hot summer day to quench your thirst? If you are, how about considering The Switch sparkling fruit juice as an alternative.
The Switch Sparkling Fruit Juice is a beverage that is made from 100% natural fruit juice with sparkling soda water added to make it like drinking soda pop. Better yet, it’s made with no high fructose corn syrup, no preservatives, no food dyes, no added sugar, no artificial sweetners, flavors, and colors and contains 100% of your daily intake of vitamin C.
So, if you love the thirst quenching power of carbonation and not the artificial ingredients, than The Switch is the drink for you.
Now, here’s a healthy drink that is a great substitute and better than drinking soda pop. It is also gluten free so all family members can enjoy drinking it.
How The Switch Was Born
In 1999, the owner Mike Gilbert was an avid individual who liked to work out in the gym. He usually had orange juice and mixed it with carbonated water to replenish his fluids. One day he spilled it all over himself and wondered why there was not a fruit soda to drink. There the idea was born. The name of the beverage was called “The Switch”.
The Switch Beverage Company is located in Darien, Connecticut and The Switch beverage is becoming one of the fastest growing single-beverages in the United States.
What Does Switch Taste Like
Switch is like drinking 100% carbonated juice. It comes in nine all-natural flavors:
- Black Cherry
- Watermelon Strawberry
- Orange Tangerine
- Fruit Punch
- Kiwi Berry
- Lemon Lime
- Tropical Pineapple
- Variety Pack
- Two servings of fruit per can
The beverage is not sold in stores as of yet; however it is available online and is in 3,000 schools. As this item gets more popular it will probably become available in stores and clubs. This product is currently on Amazon.
Below are the ingredients in a can of The Switch beverage.
- 100% natural juice
- Filtered Sparkling Water Sufficient To Reconstitute Juice Concentrates
- Apple, Grape, Lemon, Cherry, White Grape, Raspberry, Strawberry and Acerola Concentrates (Depending upon flavor)
- Natural Flavor
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Gum Acaica
- Serving Size: 8 ounces (1 can)
- Calories Per Serving: 120
- Carbohydrates: 29-30 grams (depending on the flavor)
- Sugar: 28-29 grams (all from the fruit juice) depending on the flavor
- Sodium: 5 milligrams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Protein: 0 grams
- Vitamin C: 100% RDA
- Gluten Free
What Others Are Saying About The Switch
Now you can read what others, who have actually used the product, have said about it.
- Logan Smith – Delicious (August 12, 2016)
I have been trying to rid myself off soda and other non-nutritional drinks and the Switch is just great! Bubbly and 100% juice.
- Ponnala – Cannot Understand Negative Reviews (August 8, 2016)
I enjoy drinking this stuff each time I open a can. Refreshing when served cold. This drink is balanced just right.
- Ivan – Five Stars (June 7, 2016)
A better alternative to regular soda.
- Joey – This Beverage Is A Beam of Sunlight (June 5, 2016)
Perfect amount of carbonation and a bolt taste. Each flavor is outstanding. I’ll be buying on a regular basis.
- Linda – Excellent (June 5, 2016)
This is absolutely amazing. Totally can recommend to buy for anyone looking for a variety of flavors that’s an alternative to soda or sugary beverages.
Try it for yourself and see if you will agree with what these people are saying about Switch.
Six Reasons Not To Drink Soda Pop
Below are six reasons why drinking soda pop is not a good for your health and switching to something healthier is better.
- Dehydration – Drinking soda is a major cause of dehydration in the body. Our bodies are made up of 60% water. You need to replace lost fluids with water. Many sodas contain caffeine which can increase urination leaving the body with less fluid to carry out important functions. Diet sodas may contain significant amounts of sodium which may draw water from the cells and promote dehydration.
- High Sugar Content – Many soft drinks contain large amounts of sugar. One 12-ounce can of cola contains 39 grams, or 3.3 tablespoons, of sugar. Consuming large amounts of sugar elevates your blood glucose levels and may increase your risk for cardiovascular disease. Many sodas contain high fructose corn syrup or HFCS as their primary sugar ingredient. HFCS may stress the pancreas and lead to fluctuating blood sugar levels. Consuming sugary sodas day after day may lead to the onset of non-insulin dependent diabetes or type 2 diabetes.
- Weight Gain – Weight gain results when you consume more calories than your body burns. A 12-ounce serving of soda contains 140 calories, often called, “empty calories” because they provide no nutritional value to your body. Additionally, sweet-flavored sodas may disrupt appetite signals and promote cravings for other sugary foods, thus increasing your weight over time. A Harvard University study stated that the increased consumption of sugary beverages, such as soda, is a major factor in the growing obesity epidemic. Excessive weight gain puts you at risk for diabetes, certain cancers, arthritis, heart disease and stroke.
- Dental Problems – If you prefer to avoid the dentist, cut back on soft drinks. The bacteria in your mouth thrive on sugar. They feed on it and produce an acid that wears away your teeth enamel causing cavities. New Jersey Dentist Dr. Howard Glazer told “Better Homes and Garden” you can cut your cavity risk in half by rinsing your mouth with water immediately after drinking soda.
- Gout – Gout is a condition in which your body has too much uric acid, causing your joints to become swollen and inflamed. An analysis of data from the Nurses’ Health Study, published in 2010 in the “Journal of the American Medical Association,” which followed almost 80,000 women for 22 years, reported that women who drank one sugary beverage a day had a significantly increased risk of gout compared to those who rarely drank sugary beverages.
- Toxins – Aspartame – The poison in diet soda is an artificial sweetener aspartame. Aspartame is made up of three chemicals: aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methanol. It is used because it’s about 200 times sweeter than table sugar. Despite US FDA approval as a “safe” food additive, aspartame is one of the most dangerous substances added to foods. After you drink an aspartame-sweetened product, aspartame breaks down into its starting components: phenylalanine, aspartic acid, and methanol (that further converts to formaldehyde and formic acid, which are known carcinogens.). There are over 92 different health side effects associated with aspartame consumption.
The bottom line here is that soft drinks never do quench your thirst, and certainly do not help your body’s need for water. Constantly denying your body an adequate amount of water can lead to Chronic Cellular Dehydration, a condition that weakens your body at the cellular level. This, in turn, can lead to a weakened immune system and open yourself up to other diseases.
Reasons Why To Drink Fruit Juice
Below are six reasons why you should drink fruit juice.
- Helps regulating your blood pressure
- Helps in maintaining cholesterol level
- Keeps your body hydrated
- You get instant energy from natural glucose
- Juices aide in fighting tiredness and dullness
- Juices makes your digestive system function better
Why I Switched To Switch Fruit Juice
I was an avid soda pop drinker growing up. As I got older I favored the diet soda varieties thinking that this was actually better for me. However, with the addition of aspartame into the ingredients, I noticed a different effect on my body. I switched back to drinking regular sodas and not diet. This continued on for years.
Than along came Switch I heard about from my best friend. He gave me a taste of one and I liked it a lot. It tasted like drinking fruit juice with carbonation which made it almost like drinking soda but not with the additives. The ingredients were all natural just 100% juice and carbonated water with concentrates of specific juices to make the flavor. I was highly impressed. Now, I am an avid drinker of this juice.
My only concern is that it’s currently not available in the stores where I live. It can only be purchased on Amazon which is OK. Every time I go shopping, I look for this product to see if it’s available.
I highly recommend switching over from soda to this wonderful sparkling fruit juice drink. You will also be switching over from soda to Switch once you try it for yourself.
Comparisons Between IZZE and Switch
|Ounces (1 Can)||8.4 oz. (all flavors)||8 oz. (all flavors)|
|Calories||90 (all flavors)||120 (all flavors)|
|Carbohydrates||21-22 grams||29-30 grams|
|Sodium||15-20 mg||5 mg (all flavors)|
|Sugar||19-21 grams||28-29 grams|
|Juice||70% (all flavors)||100% (all flavors)|
|Vitamin C||30% (all flavors)||100% (all flavors)|
|Vitamin A||0% (all flavors)||20% (Orange Tangerine)|
|Niacin||10% (all flavors)||0%|
|Vitamin B6||10% (all flavors)||0%|
Both drinks have:
- No high fructose corn syrup
- No preservatives
- No artificial flavors
- No sweetners
- No artificial colors
- No added sugar
Differences between IZZE and SWITCH
- IZZE has 8.4 oz. per can verses 8 oz. for SWITCH
- IZZE has 90 calories per serving verses 120 calories for SWITCH
- IZZE has 21-22 grams of carbohydrates verses 29-30 grams for SWITCH
- IZZE has 19-21 grams of sugar verses 28-29 grams for SWITCH
- IZZE has 15-20mg of sodium per serving verses 5mg for SWITCH
- IZZE has 70% juice verses 100% for SWITCH
- IZZE has 30% of the RDA for vitamin C verses 100% for SWITCH
- IZZE has 10% of the RDA for niacin and vitamin B6 verses 0% for SWITCH
- IZZE has 0% of the RDA for Vitamin A and 20% for SWITCH
- IZZE has 4 Amazon online flavors available verses 8 for SWITCH
Both drinks are better than drinking soda pop. If your concern is calories, than IZZE is best. If your concern is SODIUM, than SWITCH is best. However, for vitamin C and percent of juice, SWITCH is best. IZZE is best for lower amounts of carbohydrates, sugars and calories per serving.
Take Note: The main reason why Switch has more sugar is that their juice contains 100% of the fruit juice where IZZE is 70%, and is all natural sugar.
Both products do not have high fructose corn syrup, no caffeine, no preservatives, no added sugar. Both drinks have added natural flavors, but they don’t have any added sweetners.
How Can I Get Some?
Well, you can only get it through Amazon. It is sold in a case of 24 eight ounce cans. If you order the variety pack it comes with four 8 oz. cans of each of the following flavors:
- Black Cherry
- Watermelon Strawberry
- Lemon Lime (Sometimes, Tropical Pineapple may be substituted)
- Orange Tangerine
- Kiwi Berry
As mentioned, you can only get this product on Amazon. Below is an Amazon link for the variety pack which has 4 cans of the six flavors mentioned above. Why not try Switch today and stop drinking the harmful soda pop. Treat your body with the care and nutrition it deserves.
Note: When you click on the button, you will be taken to the Amazon ordering page for the variety pack which contains the flavors of Black Cherry, Watermelon Strawberry, Lemon Lime (Sometimes Tropical Pineapple may be substituted), Orange Tangerine, Grape, and Kiwi Berry. In case you have a favorite flavor of each of the prior mentioned flavors they can be purchased individually in 24 8 oz. cans except for Tropical Pineapple. Just scroll down on the landing page to see them.
Go back to the Gluten Free Diet With Nutrition home page.
Switch Sparkling Fruit Juice
No added sugar, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, sweeteners, or colors9.5/10
Two servings of fruit per can9.0/10
100% All Natural Sparkling Juice9.0/10
No Artificial Colors9.0/10
- No added sugar, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, or sweeteners
- Two servings of fruit per can
- 100% All Natural Sparkling Juice
- Gluten Free
- No Artificial Colors
- 28 Grams sugar per can. Note:The sugars and calories found in The Switch come naturally from the fruit itself.
- 120 Calories per serving