Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Homemade Wonderful Bread Mix is made from a unique blend that includes garbanzo, fava bean, and tapioca flours. This bread mix is an excellent source of protein and fiber. This bread mix can be used in bread machines and conventional ovens.
The bread mix is gluten-free which can be served to those individuals who have celiac disease or are allergic and sensitive to gluten.
Product Ordering Information
When ordering this product, it is shipped directly to your door in a pack of four 16-ounce bags of bread mix per order.
The product ingredients are provided for consumers so they can compare them with other similar products. The ingredients below are listed in order as they appear on the product label.
- Garbanzo Bean Flour
- Potato Starch, Corn Starch
- White Sorghum Flour
- Tapioca Flour,
- Evaporated Cane Juice
- Fava Bean Flour
- Xanthan Gum
- Active Dry Yeast
- Potato Flour
- Sea Salt
- Guar Gum
- Soy Lecithin
Manufactured in a facility that used tree nuts and soy.
Below are some basic cooking directions for conventional ovens and bread machines.
Baking instructions by hand for conventional ovens:
- 1-2/3 cups warm (110 degrees) milk (cow, rice or soy)
- 1 whole egg plus enough egg whites to equal 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Place contents of package in large bowl of heavy-duty, tabletop mixer.
- Remove yeast packet and add yeast to warm milk in separate bowl.
- Let foam for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, melted butter or oil, vinegar and yeast-milk mixture to bread mix.
- Mix with regular beaters (not dough hook) at medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl with spatula as necessary.
- Place dough in greased 9 by 5-inch nonstick pan.
- Smooth top of dough with wet spatula.
- Cover with oiled aluminum foil or plastic wrap and let rise in warm (75-80 degrees) place until dough is level with top of pan (approximately 25-35 minutes).
- Remove cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 60-65 minutes (do not under-bake).
- Cover with foil after 10 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- To test for doneness, tap loaf with fingernail. A crisp, hard sound indicate a properly baked loaf.
- Turn loaf out on to wire rack and cool thoroughly before slicing.
Baking instructions for 1-1/2 lb bread machine:
- 1-2/3 cups milk (cow, rice or soy).
- 1 whole egg plus enough egg whites to equal 3/4 cup.
- 1/4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil.
- 1 tsp cider vinegar.
- Remove yeast packet from package.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Follow your specific machine instructions for adding yeast and the liquid and dry ingredients in the proper order.
- Be sure to whisk milk, eggs, melted butter or oil, and vinegar together thoroughly until very smooth before adding to bread machine.
- Set controls for setting recommended by manufacturer or setting you prefer.
- Remove baked bread from bread machine and cool thoroughly on wire rack before slicing.
The nutrition information for this product is being provided for consumers to compare them with other similar products before buying.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Servings Per Container: 16
- Calories: 100
- Calories From Fat: 5
- Total Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Potassium: 93mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Phosphorus: 4%
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Vitamin C: 0%
- Calcium: 2%
- Iron: 4%
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Glutenfreedietwithnutrition.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.