Indus organic turmeric powder is a very powerful spice that many people may overlook its value of health benefits. “It’s the number one healing herb today” so says Dr. Axe. The main reason for taking turmeric is it contains an active compound called, curcumin, which is highly anti-inflammatory which helps relieve pain in the body.
This turmeric powder is free from chemical fertilizer, chemical pesticides and irradiation. Its high quality product and grown in India. Turmeric powder has a unique aroma and flavor. It is mostly used in curries, savory dishes and soups.
Turmeric Product Description
The Indus turmeric product is salt free, gluten free, no MSG, no GMO, no preservatives, non-irradiated, no chemical pesticide, no chemical fertilizer, and no color additives. It is also packed in BPA free jars at Allergan free US plant. The turmeric is from Allepey, India. The turmeric powder is certified 100% organic by USDA.
Dr. Axe Turmeric Video
Below is an excellent video of the health benefits of adding turmeric into your diet. Take a look!
Main Benefits of Turmeric
- Helps balance blood sugar levels for diabetics
- Anti-microbrial properties
- Supports detoxification
- Cleans out your arteries
Health Benefits of Turmeric
Here are some health benefits of adding turmeric in your diet.
- Promotes a Balanced Mood – After controlled studies conducted in the Journal of Affective Disorders, found a noticeable and promising results with turmeric supporting a balanced mood. The study was done over an eight week period.
- Helps Heal Wounds – It appears that turmeric (curcumin) has beneficial properties that speed up the wound healing process based on a study in September, 2014 issue of Life Sciences. The study also found that turmeric showed antioxidant properties that helped the healing process.
- Aches and Discomfort – In an interesting study published in the March, 2014 issue of the Journal of Clinical Interventions looked at the effects of turmeric on knee osteoarthritis pain and function. Two groups randomly divided one group received turmeric the other upper limit dose of ibuprofen. Results showed turmeric group experienced the same discomfort relief as the other group. However, the turmeric group experienced less side effects, more relief from joint stiffness, and less pain and fatigue.
- Balanced Blood Sugar – In the November, 2014 issue of The Journal of Endocrinology, it reported that curcumin has a number of positive benefits for those with type 2 diabetes.
- Soothes Irritated Tissues – Turmeric has shown its value in helping the body modulate and buffer irritation. A lot of people today are under constant inflammatory conditions because of toxic and stress-laden environment. Turmeric has exhibited its ability to inhibit inflammatory enzymes including cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), lyposygenase (LOX), and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) showing promise in helping the body adapt and regulate these enzymes.
- Helps Stiff Joints – A randomized, pilot clinical study was published in the November 2012 issue of Phytotherapy Research. The goal of the study was to see the effectiveness and/or difference in the relief of active joint discomfort. The evaluation sheets showed that the turmeric group outperformed on all levels, and was free from adverse side effects.
- Cholesterol Optimization – There have been various levels of studies showing impressive reduction in lipid profiles and cholesterol markers in turmeric groups. The study published in the November 2011 issue of Phytoherapy Research was conducted to investigate turmeric’s effect on cholesterol and triglyceride levels. The results were amazing. Those that were give a low dose of turmeric (curcumin) had serum cholesterol levels being reduced by 17% and triglycerides reduced by a whopping 47%. The study also stated that turmeric is consistently safe and has a very low risk of side effects.
- Ulcers – It’s been known that India has long used turmeric in curry dishes as a taste and color enhancer. It also has a soothing properties on digestion. Turmeric was found to inhibit stomach ulcer formation by an impressive 85%. Lesions, tissue necrosis, and hemorrhaging were also reduced. Turmeric appears to offer some protection for stomach ailments.
As you can see, turmeric has some great healing properties for many health related problems. You may want to consider adding this spice to your diet on a regular basis. There are a lot of turmeric products on the market today. Be sure to only purchase those that are organic and from reputable companies.
Turmeric Side Effects
As in any herb, taking it in large doses does carry with it some health side effects. Some of the side effects of this herb are:
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Increased liver function tests
- Hyperactive gallbladder contractions
- Hypotension (lowered blood pressure)
- Uterine contractions in pregnant women
- Increased menstrual flow
Even though this herb has tremendous healing properties, it also has some serious side effects by taking high doses of the product. Be sure to take doses that is recommended on the label or by your doctor.
Knowing the correct dosage to begin with will be very important. The normal dosage of turmeric is between 1/2 teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoons per day. This equates to 1 to 3 grams. However, if you have not taken turmeric as a separate herb in the past, it is advisable to begin the starting dosage with 1/4 teaspoon for a couple of days and work your way up to 1/2 to 1 1/2 teaspoons per day.
What Others Are Saying About Turmeric
You don’t have to take my word for this product as you can read all of the 680 plus customer reviews for this product by clicking the link.
Frequently Asked Questions
This product has more than 40 frequently asked questions. You can read them by clicking on the link.
The value of turmeric can be enormous for individuals who suffer from diseases and other health issues. Adding Turmeric into your diet can only be helpful when taken in low doses. This spice can be added into smoothies, salads, soups, and curries. You can even drink it in teas, a topping on yogurt and in baked goods like cookies, pancakes, meat, etc.
The important thing about turmeric is it’s healing powers it has in the body. Just after a few days of taking this spice you should notice some improvement in your over all health.
This is not a cheap spice, but it’s powerful effect on healing the body of pain and other related diseases, cannot be stressed enough and its worth the expense.
Shop Organic Turmeric Powder
You can shop for organic turmeric powder below. Select an image and you will be taken to the Amazon ordering page where you can place your order.
Indus Organic Turmeric Powder 8 Ounces
Indus Organic Turmeric Powder 1 lb.
Indus Organic Turmeric Powder 3 8 oz. Jars
Indus Organic Turmeric Powder 2 16 oz. Jars
Micro Organic Curcumin Turmeric 1.06 oz.
Organic Wise Department Agriculture India Turmeric 1 lb.
Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Turmeric 16 oz.
Acient Nutrition Bone Broth Pure 15.7 Oz.
Go back to the Gluten Free Diet With Nutrition home page.