Pamela’s Products, started in 1988, and is known for delicious, gluten free foods with a full line of baking mixes, cookies and snack bars. As a pioneer in both natural foods and gluten-free, Pamela’s still maintains leadership status in the industry.
Here are some of the reasons why Pamela’s stands out from the crowd:
- High quality sugars including, fruit juice, agave, coconut sugar, brown rice syrup and molasses create better tasting, decadent food.
- The palm shortening is made from the most healthful part of the palm and is sourced from companies with fair trade and environmental stewardship track records.
- Their nuts are from American suppliers to ensure freshness and quality.
- Minimally processed grains like certified gluten-free oats, brown rice, millet and sorghum are used whenever possible to provide the benefits of whole grains they offer.
- Sweet creamery butter (non-rBGH of course) and the highest quality monounsaturated safflower oil are used. Pamela’s does not use low quality oils.
- The cardboard used in the packaging is made from recycled materials and are recyclable. Soy ink is used in all cardboard printing. They continue to seek additional sources of recycled materials.
- They are in the process of changing the plastic trays to 100% recycled material.
The ingredients do not include artificial additives, or high fructose corn syrup. The ingredients are free from GMO’s, and are trying to have some of their products have the non-GMO project seal verified. Some are noted below.
They presently have the following baking mixes officially non-GMO verified: All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend, Biscuit & Scone Mix, Chocolate Cake Mix, Vanilla Cake Mix, and Dark Chocolate Frosting Mix, Oatmeal Cookie Mix, Pizza Crust Mix, Sugar Cookie Mix and Vanilla Frosting Mix.
The following cookies have also been non-GMO verified: Ginger Cookies with Sliced Almonds, Chunky Chocolate Chip, and Dark Chocolate Chunk.
Four flavors of their Whenever Bars have been non-GMO verified: Oat Cranberry Almond, Oat Blueberry Lemon, Oat Raisin Walnut Spice and Oat Chocolate Chip Coconut.
The non-GMO seal of approval will be applied to the packaging as each of the other products become verified.
You can check out Pamela’s product ingredients and allergen information for all of their products by clicking on the link.
Pamela’s has been providing gluten-free products already in compliance with new requirements and have been doing so for over 26 years. While the ruling requires gluten-free labeled products must test at 20ppm or less for gluten, Pamela’s products consistently test at 5ppm or less.
Below are some of Pamela’s best to buy gluten free products.
Go back to Gluten Free Diet With Nutrition home page.